Thursday, May 27, 2010

Andrew's 4th Birthday!

Sunday was Andrew's 4th Birthday! We celebrated on Saturday by taking him to Chuck E Cheese's. This was his first time to Chuck E Cheese, he didn't quite know what to expect, and I must say either did I, it has been years since I've been. A little side story to that, my older sister Angela peed in the ball pit one time at Chuck E Cheese and we had to go home early. Needless to say we didn't go back, I'm not bitter, just stating the facts :) Now where was I... It was very crowded when we first got there, a lot of older kids. There were more arcade games and less play pits condensed into a smaller space than what I can remember but that didn't stop Andrew, James and their friend Bella from having a blast! Andrew wanted a Spiderman party for his birthday, so I went out and got all the goodies for a Spiderman theme. We were going to get cupcakes from Walmart but after I saw their Spiderman selection, I wasn't impressed so I took it upon myself to make my own. Andrew was so excited for his Spiderman cupcakes he had two of them - we've got a growing 4 year old boy on our hands! After pizza, cupcakes, and games we headed back home gave the boys a bath and let Andrew open up his presents a day early.


Chocolate cupcakes with homemade butter cream frosting.

Ms. Carol sent Andrew this shirt for his birthday. Her niece has her own business making shirts and she did this one for Andrew. Big 4 years old! He loved it! Thanks Ms. Carol!

Andrew and Bella waiting to dig into the pizza!

I'm not sure what Chuck E Cheese puts in their pizza but Andrew and James both ate 3 pieces!

ChuckE came to our table, James loved him, Andrew hid under the table

Pizza face

Spiderman cupcakes and decor



He loved that blue frosting

Miss Bella - she is such a sweet girl

Showing off their blue mouths - they got a big kick out of that

James opted for a red cupcake

Cupcake coma


Opening the nice gift from Bella

Car's Jammies!

Car's coloring book



This picture of James busts me up - he is such a ham!

Andrew and James enjoying the games at ChuckECheese

4 comments:

  1. What a FUN, FUN birthday party! Everyone looked like they were have a grand, ol time! Probably good there weren't more kids running around as Andrew I am sure got lots of attention from Bella and his family. Good work with the cupcakes, Amy. Did you use a pastry bag to make the frosting look perfect like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting all these pictures Amy! It sure looks like a fun time was held by all. And those cupcakes look amazing! Maybe you could start a side business?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. iT MUST HAVE TAKEN A WHOLE JAR OF FOOD COLORING TO MAKE THOSE BEAUTIFUL CUPCAKES. gOOD JOB AMY. GO FOR IT AMY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, it was a good day! Yes Lynanne I did use a pastry bag and pipe to get the frosting just so. It was fun to make the cupcakes Kendall, but their are so many great cupcake places out there, how could I compete?! ;) And Sandy believe it or not the Michael's store had their own spiderman food coloring so that you could get the color's perfect. I didn't need to use much of the blue for it to turn out, but the red frosting took the entire bottle!

    ReplyDelete