Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Counting the days...

Andrew's 4th birthday is coming up on May 23rd, but since he doesn't have any concept of days he always says his birthday is tomorrow. I decided to make him a calendar so he can see how many days until his birthday and count them down.


Crossing off the days..today on the calendar says Gram and Auntie Robyn arrive and in two days Auntie Kendall arrives


Andrew's Birthday!!

This is the day that we get ready to leave for our NEW house in Idaho!


Yesterday we took the boys to the Doctor's to get some immunization shots. Andrew wanted James (who had to get 4 shots) to go first. Once he saw James crying Andrew freaked out and started screaming. He was trying so hard to run away out of the room. He would scream: "I want to take a nap, I want to take a nap RIGHT NOW!!" As if that would get him out of his shots?? Rob had to hold him down and it probably hurt him a little more than it should because he was squirming so much. After wards they both got suckers and a sticker...well Andrew got two Nemo stickers. I felt bad for the young guy who had to give the shots, that job can't be fun when dealing with little kids. All the screaming and crying tired them both out and they took great naps.

Auntie Robyn and Gram arrived last night and are having a great time with the boys. Auntie Kendall arrives tomorrow. We are looking forward to having a great week together!!

5 comments:

  1. Tell the Boys that Grampa Ray ("The Old Colonel") thought the boys were both very brave. Shots are NOT fun. Grampa had to have several shots for his surgery, two weeks ago. But as the Boys grow older, each time the shots will hurts less than before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa Owl says to ask Auntie Robyn about the time she had to have several shots in her big toe so the doctor could remove a big paint chip from under her toe nail. - She was very brave. And then we got ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'd like to hear this story from Auntie Robyn, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Lynnane, imagine going down a waterslide feet first on your stomach--I don't advise it. For some reason I didn't think I should tell the boys about getting my toenail with waterslide paint under it removed. And Dad, it was a maple bar donut. I can still remember how it tasted. And remember how the nurses gave me a mini Sprite? That was pretty good too...I told Amy she needed to ask you if it was painful, cause I don't remember...

    ReplyDelete
  5. now you know why i didn't work in Peds.

    ReplyDelete