Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pretty in a "purse"

This past Wednesday was Rob's first day in classes which meant my first day having the boys all to myself. Day one went pretty well, the boys behaved very good for me and it was a pretty easy day. Day two was a little more difficult. The boys were good most of the day until about an hour before Rob came home they each decided they had had enough and were done behaving. As soon as Rob walked in the door Andrew was so excited to tell him all the naughty things they had done - almost as if he were proud - little stinker. Day three was much better, Andrew had fun watching me put on my make-up and asking all sorts of questions. He would ask me about each thing I put on, and why. When I got to my blush I was explaining to him that it gives me pink rosy cheeks he told me: "I don't like to have pink cheeks, I like mine white!" He was so curious about everything in my make-up bag which he refers to as "my purse."  My goal for day three was to get the boys out of the house in hopes of running off some of their energy. We walked to the playground at our apartment complex and just as we got there it started sprinkling and then a downpour of showers. Luckily the playground is right next to the front office where they happen to serve fresh baked cookies daily. The boys and I had a little treat while we waited for the rain shower to pass. Unfortunately the toys at the playground were all soaked so we opted to go back to the apartment and play some games before nap time. 

On Monday we start the boys in a preschool/ daycare program at the Presbyterian church. Their program is called: A Day Away. The program runs M,W,F and you pay by the week. Kids can go half day 9-11 or full day 9-1pm. Andrew and James will both go 2 days a week for the full day. James usually takes a morning and afternoon nap but we are going to see how he does only having one nap two days a week. Rob and I agreed it was important to get the boys out of the house and playing with other kids - otherwise being with Auntie Amy is going to get old real quick! I have to admit having a little break will be nice!

2 comments:

  1. You have to admit We have the cutest Grand-boys in the country. Amy will earn an "extra star" for being the "Nanny" to the Boys, at this point in their young lives.
    Granpa Ray and Granma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Amy! A little R-n-R for you will be good and let you have some sanity, and like you said, give the boys time to meet some other kids and play 'kid' games together.

    ReplyDelete